E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have had my Kindle for 12 to 15 years and never had a

Customer Question
I have had my...

I have had my Kindle for 12 to 15 years and never had a problem with it before. My screen locked when I tried to buy one of Louise Penny`s books. The error message reads, Invalid Certificate. Web Browser is unable to establish a secure connection to the website. Do you still want to proceed``

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Amazon Kindle can`t get into it to see make and model.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It started last night, I left the book on to see if it would start when it needed charging but nothing has happened.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don`t think so.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/22/2017
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 10 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>
Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.
Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release credit to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony