E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle that won't charge, won't turn on, just dead,

I have a kindle...

I have a kindle that won't charge, won't turn on, just dead, have tried charging with different plugs. nothing

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

I have a KINDLE by amazon, not a tv

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It started changing only a short period of time and then just nothing. I have used different plugs, cant turn on, seems dead

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

That's about it

9/22/2017
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Still nothing, dead

If you connect the charger, do you see any lights show up at all? Either Red, Orange or Green?

No

Thanks, ***** ***** waste any of your time as the issue is very clear

It is the internal power supply on the mainboard that has faulted

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have the board replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service