E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I have 4 kindles. Since today, they all indicate that the…

I have 4 kindles...

I have 4 kindles. Since today, they all indicate that the wi-fi is strong but cannot connect withe internet. My other devices correct without problem.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I have four devices. The latest one is the Fire HD, recently purchased. Don't know how to find tech info. I'm too old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried settings. I'm confused because I can obviously connect with you guys from the laptop.. Now I rely on you.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

9/22/2017
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Can you please remove the power to your wifi router, wait 5 minutes, connect the power again to your wifi router

Wait 5 minutes and tell me if the Kindles then work correctly please

Thank you

I did it, but no results. BTW, the 'wireless' screen no longer shows my name.

Do you have other devices connecting to your wireless network? Can they see it?

Can't afford the $20 Our laptops wolk just fine. Otherwise, I would not be able to contact you!

You may be connected via a cable.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and connect to wifi.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

OKK, but how do you remove the charger?

You disconnect it from the Kindle, just pull it out of the socket

I understand. It's not plugged in. I have about 65% charge left in the HD

ok, if it is not plugged in, then the charger is diconnected.

Correct. the devices do not need charging at this point.

yes.. so complete the instructions I gave please.

I did the 35 second thing and turned it back on. Still, no change!

Do they now see your wifi network?

Same message as before: "Wireless is on but no connection to internet"

What is the make and model of your wifi router?

No idea. My local tech guy installed it a couple of years ago. Knowing him, it is a good quality product.

yes, but if the issue is occuring on all 4 kindles the issue will lie with with the routing table on the router.

Please look at the router and check the make and model.

CISCO LINKSYS E900

ok, if on the Kindle you go to settings, wireless, what is the name of the wireless network it is connected to?

The Wi-Fi Netwoks screen shows: dd-wrt
This is completely new to me as of today.
It should show WESSEN
The Password ***** this is 22890448

ok, it looks to be then connected to the wrong network.

Do you see WESSEN in the list of networks on the Kindle?

No

Are you talking to me on a windows computer?

Put your mouse over the wireless icon on the bottom right, it will tell you the name of the netowork it is connected to.

Can you tell me the name of it please.

It says: NETWORK 4

ok, so it is connected to a different network then the Kindle, this is the reason for the issue.

On the Kindle go to settings, wifi, and choose Network 4 and connect to this please.

Let me know the results

Settings-wi-fi does not give me any listing or opportunity to add another Network.
It just gives me the same dd-wrt and nothing else.

Ok, this means your computer is not connected to a wifi network, this is why I asked before.

As they are indicating they are connecting to a NETWORK 4 network and this is via cable.

The issue is with your wifi router, not the 4 kindles, the setup your Tech person did has been reset back to the default dd-wrt which is the default name of a custom setup he did.

It connects but it does not provide an internet connection on it.

He will need to recreate the wireless network he originally setup for you so the 4 kindles can connect to it again.

I can also connect and set it up, and for this you would need to accept the offer I made.

Once done, I connect to our computer and I can also setup this network he / she made for you

I don't remember what your offer was.

You see it pop ip on the screen, it is the additional services offer.

Thanks anyway. I'll contact my local tech guy.
Many thanks for your patience and have a great day.

Ok, once he makes it the kindles will work

Let me know if you need anything else and please remember to click on the stars at the top then submit to rate my service

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service
Richard, Customer Service