Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

Yesterday my WiFi stopped working on my kindle. It shows I

Yesterday my WiFi stopped working on my kindle. It shows I have excellent connection yet when I try to search it just sits thetre
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: How do I find this without losing contact with you
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It started yesterday morning. Before that it was great. I have the newest version of the kindle
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
i'm doing it right now. it worked. thank you. good job. is this a standard repair so if it happens again I can use the same method?

your most welcome!

It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.

Happens again you can repeat this

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
cheers mate.