E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My back light hasn;t worked in ages. Hoping for a solution.

Customer Question
Hi there. My...

Hi there. My back light hasn;t worked in ages. Hoping for a solution

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Its a paperwhite . Not sure of generation but probably 3 or 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

At least a year. just hard reboot

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Open a book

Tap at the top of the screen to show the toolbar then tap on the Quick Actions icon

Use your finger to slide the light scale to the right to make it brighter and let me know if it turns up now

It does not. Hasn't in ages.

Unfortunately, that is not something that you can fix on the Kindle.

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.