E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I own a Kindle version: 2.5.6 (50110864) Serial Number:

Customer Question
I own a Kindle...

I own a Kindle version: 2.5.6 (50110864) Serial Number: B003B0A294560A2E.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I can't sync my reader with my phone app. Actually, I purchased a book that did download onto my account because I'm reading it on my phone, but I can't get it to download onto my Kindle. I've tried "restarting" from the settings several times, but I still get the same message that Kindle is unable to sync at this time. Any idea why this is occurring?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Two days I've been trying to sync. I tried restarting 4-5 times. No luck

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

That's the only issue I'm having with this device.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

If you see this message on your device on or after March 22, 2016, you will need to manually install the latest software update for your device in order to resume normal functionality.

Click here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201994710

Locate your Kindle model on the page then click on Transfer via USB

Follow the prompts to update the software through your computer

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.