E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle is stuck in a page I'm reading with the power box…

My kindle is stuck...

My kindle is stuck in a page I'm reading with the power box asking me to select either a cancel;, restart. or screen off action. No matter what I choose nothing moves--I can't even turn it off

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I got it from Amazon about a week ago. I only see the name Kindle and don't see any model number on it

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just happened about an hour ago--I didn't know what else to try

9/21/2017
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service
The power ligfht turned on