E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I was away and did not use my e-reader for several months.

Customer Question
I was away and...

I was away and did not use my e-reader for several months. At first is would not connect to my wi-fi, and now won't turn on at all.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

My TV is a Dell Otiplex 3020. I don't think is is the problem because my second Kindle does work

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

All I tried to do is make sure it was fully charged. Not sure how long this may have been a problem because I was away and did not use the Kindle. I have a second Kindle that works well.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you