E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle fire HD screen made a pop sound and when I looked…

Customer Question
My Kindle fire HD...

My Kindle fire HD screen made a pop sound and when I looked down at it there was a Crack down the middle from top to bottom. It will come on but will not let me put my pass code in the right side works but the left side doesn't!

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

IT'S A KINDLE FIRE HD IT HAS AMAZON ON THE BACK DON'T KNOW FOR SURE HOW OLD IT IS MAYBE 1 TO 2 YEARS!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It happened last night not really able to do much trouble shooting can be done I can't get it to get to any programs!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just what I need to do?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Eric, Technician replied 10 months ago
Eric, Technician

Hey there! my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I will do all I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions as quickly as possible. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• The offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept a request for one if you wish, but you do not have to.
  • Please keep this browser open, so that we do not lose contact. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will continue helping you until your question is 100% answered, please ask as many follow up questions as you want to.

Good morning! So just to clarify, the screen on your Kindle Fire HD (do you have the actual model number?) is broken, and you have no input/touch ability on the device, correct?

There is no model # on the Device! The rest is correct

Alright, no problem. You actually have two options here, give me a moment and I will type them out to you :)

No I don't want to pay more.

That is not me asking you, that is the website.. while I am typing out your answer, please scroll up and read the first thing I posted to you.

The screen popped then cracked down the middle it will turn on but will not let me put my pass code in?

In the end here, I recommend #2, but you do have two options. Please take two seconds to rate my service before you leave today at the top of this page. Remember it is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, or you have follow up questions, please let me know before rating :)

Bookmark this link to ask me questions directly in the future: http://bit.ly/AnswersByEric

OPTION NUMBER 1:

If you provide me with your zip code, I can give you the address and phone numbers for three shops in your local area that can replace the broken screen on your device within 72 hours, most of the time, the same day. However, the cost for this ranges between $49-$99, so depending on how much you paid for the device, it may not be worth it because of option number 2.

OPTION NUMBER 2:

Amazon is selling their Kindle Fire HD 7's for only $49 right now, and their HD 8's for $79. If you get a new Fire tablet, as it may be cheaper than fixing the screen, you will NOT LOSE anything. You will be able to sign in with the same Kindle/Amazon account, and all your apps, data, and books will all sync to the new tablet. This is what I recommend, as it will more than likely be cheaper than replacing the broken screen. You can see the tablets for sale by clicking here.