E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle fire turns on but when i go to an appt and press…

Customer Question
My kindle fire turns...

My kindle fire turns on but when i go to an appt and press on it it trys to go to appt but then then goes back to logo

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

It is a kindle fire

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have charged it fully and held the power button for 20 seconds but it is still doing it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 10 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.