E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Amazon Fire phone continually flashes Amazon like it is…

Good morning , My...

Good morning , My Amazon Fire phone continually flashes Amazon like it is rebooting, I tried resetting it to factory settings and looking everything , and it worked overnight but now it's doing it again Any suggestions or may need new phone? THanks

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

About 2-3 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Started yesterday, only troubleshooting has been rebooting phone to factory settings

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure

9/21/2017
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

How did you do the reset to factory settings? What steps did you take?

Please let me know

Pushed the two Butons on side and then power held down until screen popped up and have me choice ,I scrolled down and reset it

Thank you

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Seems to be working temporarily again , Your thinking battery?

The internal memory can be the fault, it i not the battery.

But I will mark this question to remain open, it usally resolves it but If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

It seems to be working

Perfect, it was the firmware that needed a hard restart, it will be ok now

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you

You don't think I battery is an issue , Ok Thanks , If I'm interested in changing the battery in future what is best way to go about it? Thanks

No, it is not a battery issue but if you want to replace it you are best to from here

https://www.newpower99.com/Amazon_Fire_Phone_SD4930UR_Battery_Replacement_Kit_p/amazon%20fire%20phone%20sd4930ur.htm

You get the battery, tools and instructions video to do the job

Thanks

you're welcome, and please remember the rating of my service via one of the stars at the top then submit so I am credited

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service