E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a Kindle model D01200 that has not been utilised for…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Kindle model D01200 that has not been utilised for about 12 months. Put it on charge last night and the green charge light was operational this am. I tried to turn the device on but have been unsuccessful, the unit displays a screen saver only. What could be the problem and how do I resolve it

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

It is a Kindle reader not a TV and I have not experienced this problem before

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It started this am after the unit was fully charges and I am technically challenged iro troubleshooting

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you