E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My Kindle has frpzen and has been that way for several

hours. It is also...
My Kindle has frpzen and has been that way for several hours. It is also heating up...and it's not plugged in. How can I get it open?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I think it's Kindle Fire HD and it's probably about 5-6 y.o.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The screen has been frozen for about 7 hours. I haven't tried anything since it's frozen.
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- Does that do anything? What's showing on your Kindle's screen now?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Does it do anything when you keep holding the Power on / off button on your Kindle for a long time, like for about 45 seconds?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

There is no power botton. I just open and close the cover.

There should be an ON / OFF button. Can you hold the on / off button for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

If needed, can you remove the Kindle's cover, then hold the Power on / off button for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

I found the button! (Hadn't used it in years). All seems OK now. Thank you very much.

You're very welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,

Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician