E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle Fire will not advance past the "kindle fire"

Customer Question
My Kindle Fire will...

My Kindle Fire will not advance past the "kindle fire" screen so I can enter my password ***** use the device. How do I reset or restart the reader? I have tried turning it off and on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I didn't bring that info with me; I'm at work now. I believe this Kindle is at least five years old. I was using it two nights ago and put it down to answer a phone call. After I talked on the phone for about twenty minutes, I picked up the kindle and it had reverted to the opening screen where the light scrolls through the words "kindle fire."

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This has been going on for two days. The only troubleshooting I have done is to turn it off, let it site for a few minutes, then turn it back on. I did leave it turned off all last night and had plugged the charger in for about eight hours.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's it. Thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 10 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.