E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Help to register new Paperwhite, Acer - 2 yrs. old, Today…

Customer Question
Help to register new...

Help to register new Paperwhite

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Acer - 2 yrs. old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Today Amazon/Cegeco

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No Wifi - My husband I have library for both our books /Account in my name - ***** *****

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

To make sure I understand correctly, you do not have a home wifi connection?

That's right

Thank you for confirming,

unfortunately that limits your options here. It is not possible to use a new kindle without first registering it. It is not possible to register it without an active wifi connection.

If you don't have wifi at home, you will need to take the kindle to a location that does have wifi access, such as a public library, coffee shop, etc.

Connect to the wifi network there, and once connected the kindle will then prompt you to register, by entering your email address and then your amazon password.

Once registered, wifi is no longer strictly required, though it is the best and easiest way to load books onto it. You can still load books manually though by transferring them from a cord connected to a computer (that computer would need internet access though).

I am 84 - typing is easier - if you look at my account you will see we have been buying books for many years. Registering my huisbnd's new Paperwhite which arrived today is the problem
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Would you prefer to activate the Kindle over the phone instead?