E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a older Kindle that I haven't used for awhile and now…

Customer Question
I have a older...

I have a older Kindle that I haven't used for awhile and now I can't charge it. What do I need to do/

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I don't know the model. I purchased it from Amazon and it has to be about 12 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I haven't used it for probably 8 months and just recently tried to charge it and couldn't. I haven't tried anything other that just putting the charger on it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.