E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

MY KINDLE STOPPED ALLOWING ME TO CONNECT TO MY BOOKS IT ONLY…

Customer Question
MY KINDLE STOPPED...

MY KINDLE STOPPED ALLOWING ME TO CONNECT TO MY BOOKS IT ONLY SHOWS A BUNCH OF MIXED LETTERS THAT AND WHEN I SWIPE TO UNLOCK ALL I GET IS A BLANK WHIITE SCREEN PLEASE HELP!! I'M 82 AND NOT TECH SMART

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I DON'T KNOW FOR SURE CAN'T FIND THE MANUAL AFTER STORM. BUT I THINK IT'S THE LATEST MODEL

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

IT WENT OUT THE DAY BEFORE WILMA I CHARGED IT UNTIL THE POWER WENT OFF FOR 6 DAYS THIS IS THE FIRST THING I'V TRIED

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

HOW DO I GET IT TO WORK AGAIN BOUGHT 12 NEW BOOKS JUST BEFORE THE STORM

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.