E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I had books on my kindle then I deregistered it and logged…

Customer Question
Hello. I had books...

Hello. I had books on my kindle then I deregistered it and logged into a co workers account to read some books that she suggested for me. I signed back into my account and all of my books are gone. How can I get them back?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I have an amazon kindle fire. I have had it for a few years.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has been like this since I logged back in last month. I am not sure what to do

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

My sister also has a kindle. we had it set up where every book that I purchased was automatically uploaded to her kindle. I don't know if that helps

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.

Tap Device Options, and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults.

Tap Reset to confirm.

Register the Kindle back to your account

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.