E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

In November 2016 a friend ordered a Kindle Fire for me. I…

Customer Question
In November 2016 a...

In November 2016 a friend ordered a Kindle Fire for me. I have enjoyed using it for reading books from our local county library. Now, suddenly, I can't even get into it for any purpose. Can you please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Model #SV98LN?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It started several days again. At first it was asking me to reenter my library card number and a password. The information I had kept did not work. Then the device just shut me out completely.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know enough to be able to answer this question. Sorry

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process.

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

It stays on for a very short time and then simply goes off again. It was purchased on ebay in November 2016.

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

When I am not using my Kindle I always keep it plugged into the charger. Is it possible to overcharge it?

No, that is not possible.

I have not owned the device for a year. It was November 2016 when it was purchased; current date is September 2017.

Ah, I apologize. I misread the 2016 as 2015.

In that case, please read below:

The good news is that your Kindle is still under warranty and you can receive a replacement!

Once you receive the replacement, you can register the Kindle and all of your books will appear again.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.