E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle will not open any book in my pc reader library, ASUS…

Customer Question
Kindle will not open...

Kindle will not open any book in my pc reader library

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

ASUS laptop computer - new

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Today ... was reading a preview of a book, decided to buy it, it downloaded to my machine and this is the result .... rebooted my laptop but no change.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Message i am getting is, book cannot be opened, please remove from your device and re-download,

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 11 months ago
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Were you able to read any Kindle book previously on your new Asus laptop computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

I WAS READING A PREVIEW OF BOOK I HAD JUST DOWNLOADED TODAY... AFTER THE PREVIEW I WENT AHEAD AND BOUGHT THE BOOK AND DOWNLOADED IT. AFTER THE DOWNLOAD, THE PURCHASED BOOK AND ALL MY OTHER BOOKS WONT OPEN.

Thank you. Have you tried to remove / reinstall the Kindle app?

NO I HAVE NOT... BUT I WILL DO SO NOW.

OK. If you'd like to, I can also do it for you.