E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have to double tape every time I want to do anything with…

Customer Question
I have to double...

I have to double tape every time I want to do anything with the kindle. How do I fix that?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's about four years old. How do I check the make model?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

More than a year. I didn't really notice until my friend asked why I was doing it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to download a couple of books, going on a trip.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 11 months ago
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have the Kindle Fire model?

- Please press and hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on. If that does not work, please try the following:

- Method 1:

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers to open Quick Actions.

Tip: If you're on the lock screen, place two fingers on the screen, swipe to the left, and then open Quick Actions.

2. Tap Settings, and then double-tap the screen to open the Settings menu.
  3. Tap Accessibility, and then double-tap the screen to open the Accessibility menu.
  4. Next to Screen Reader, tap Off, and then double-tap the screen to confirm your selection.
  5. In the alert that appears, tap Continue, and then double-tap the screen. When the Screen Reader is disabled, Explore by Touch is turned off automatically.
  6. Then check.

- Method 2:
1. Swipe from the top with 2 fingers separated
(Tip: If you're on the lock screen, place two fingers on the screen, swipe to the left, and then open Quick Actions.)
2. Tap on More twice
3. Tap on Accessibility twice
4. Explore by Touch - turn Off
5. Voice Guide - turn Off

NOTE: If you cannot select something, make make sure to double-tap.

- Method 3:
1. Swipe from the top with 2 fingers separated.

2. Tap on Settings twice
3. Tap on Accessibility twice
4. Explore by Touch - Off
5. Screen Reader - Off

Method 4:

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers to open Quick Settings.

Tip: If you're on the lock screen, place two fingers on the screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen, and then open Quick Settings.

4. Tap VoiceView, and then double-tap the screen .
  5. Next to VoiceViewReader, tap the switch, and then double-tap to confirm your selection.
  6. In the alert that appears, tap Continue, and then double-tap to confirm.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Method 4:

1. Tap once on the black bar at the top of the Kindle Fire.
  2. Swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers to open the Quick Settings.

; (Tip: If you're on the lock screen, place two fingers on the screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen, and then open Quick Settings using the two steps above.)

3. Tap once on Settings, and then use two fingers to double-tap on Settings.
  4. Tap once on Accessibility, and then use two fingers to double-tap on Accessibility.
  5. Tap once on VoiceView, and then use two fingers to double-tap on VoiceView .
  6. On the right of VoiceViewReader, tap once on the ON / OFF switch, and then use two fingers to double-tap on the ON / OFF switch.
  7. In the alert that appears, tap once on Continue, and then use two fingers to double-tap on Continue to confirm.

- If needed, please click on the website below for video instructions:

https://youtu.be/jmKsxiu5I-w?t=38

- If needed, please click on the website below for another video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPZlWh5yK9M

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 10 months ago

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,