E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I lost my wifi connection on my kindle fire hdx.. couldn't…

Customer Question
I lost my wifi...

I lost my wifi connection on my kindle fire hdx.. couldn't reconnect it kept showing authentication problem.I couldn't remember my password ***** It was suggested I do a factory reset and register with a new password.This I did but find I cant register without wifi connection which I still cant get. any ideas ?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle fire hdx 8.9 {3rd generation} serial no. b0570706345200fk 3.5 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

3/4 days. Apart from backup and restore and various passwords used in the past I couldnt do much without wi fi connection

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Do you have a windows computer already connected to your wifi network? As we can get the password ***** this.

Please let me know