E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I bought a book last Saturday. When I try to open it I can…

Customer Question
I bought a book...

I bought a book last Saturday. When I try to open it I can get no further than the front cover?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

18 months. Not sure what model.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Have not used for couple of months. First time this problem not sure what to try

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and access the book.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

still will not open

Thanks

Select the book and delete it from the Kindle

Then download it again and tell me if it then opens please