E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My paperwhite kindle has stopped working after trying to…

Customer Question
My paperwhite kindle has...

My paperwhite kindle has stopped working after trying to recharge it in a hotel in Idaho, whats the best way to see if its permanently damaged?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Not sure of the year had it quit awhile its an early paperwhite model

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just tried recharging it at home with two different chargers

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

It stopped working just yesterday

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 10 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

My name is Randy,

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you.

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, continue holding down for the full 40 seconds even if it powers off, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own.If the screen is still unresponsive, plug in your device using the USB cord or power adapter that came with it. Then try charging the Kindle tablet with a wall outlet power adapter. Let the device charge for 30 minutes, unplug it, and then try to restart again.