E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

How can i have books ordered on an old kindle (broken) to a…

Customer Question
How can i have...

How can i have books ordered on an old kindle (broken) to a new kindle. The original kindle was ordered on my husbands acct and the new kindle was ordered on my acct and I lost all the books on the original kindle

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

The old kindle was ordered in 2013. it was a Kindle keyboard 3G . Amazon order no.(###) ###-####0987432. new kindle is kindle paperwhite. order no.(###) ###-####3048242

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

No trouble shooting. I just was hoping books i had on my old kindle could be transferred to the new one

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
To do that, you would have to know your husband's Amazon account name/email, and the password ***** his Amazon account also. Do you have those pieces of vital data? if so, I don't need them, and this is not a private forum, so please don't post them here... just let me know if you have that data, and I will advise you as to what to do.

i do have my husbands amazon acct info
I have my husbands acct info and password
hello Russell are you there

I'm here, just a moment, I am typing up instructions for you - thanks for responding, I appreciate that...

The old Kindle's e-books don't need to be transfered, strictly speaking.

Register the new Kindle with the same Amazon account (your husband's) that the old Kindle used and was registered to, and you should be able to re-download those same books just fine, and without additional charges by Amazon, because they are already bought and in your husband's Amazon account.

Do you need further instruction on the details of this process? or have I answered your question?

I have had my new kindle since 2015. How do i re register to my husbands acct?
Do I have to buy a new kindle on my husbanda amazon acct?

OK, just a moment, wait for instructions...

Kindles do not have to be ordered on an account, to be registered to that account. (Though they do come pre-registered if ordered from an Amazon account and from Amazon themselves.)

To register the Kindle in your hands to your husband's account, first, check that it is not registered already to you. (If so, if your name is ***** ***** already, you will have to de-register it from your account, before registering to your husband's account.)

Good so far? if so, I will type in the instructions for registering.

To register your Kindle, from the Home screen, and with the Kindle already connected to WiFi and internet (which is necessary!), go to

Settings (perhaps a gear icon)

Register

(or on older Kindles, a different place, then to Register... let me know if your Kindle is older.)

Once there, you choose 'Register using an already existing Amazon account' - your husband's account that is - and proceed to enter his Amazon account username/email, and then the password ***** that account.

And that's it, I think. It may take a minute or two, but that's how it is done. Once that is done, and you are registered to your husband's account, you will be able to download his e-books, already purchased and in his Amazon account online, to your Kindle device.

(Note that de-registering your Kindle from your own account first, will probably wipe off the books of your account. Having books from two different accounts readable and usable on one Kindle, takes some special and not-easy arrangements.)

Does that answer your question, and work for you? if not, I will advise you as needed.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will advise and help further.)