E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Nook has frozen I've tried the reboot option: nothing. I…

Customer Question
Hi ***** has frozen...

Hi ***** has frozen I've tried the reboot option: nothing. I ve tried hooking it up to my laptop for 20 minutes: nothing. I've tried simply turning it off several times: nothing. Any ideas? I purchased this Nook last summer (2016). Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's the simplest glow light model. I purchased it in summer 2016.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just 6 hours or so. I've tried powering it on and off several times. I've tried hooking it up to my laptop for 20 minutes.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the nook. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 30+ seconds, then release. Give the nook about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.