E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Second opinion] I have a few questions, first is most

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a few questions, first is most important: I have a kindle that is not working, I can still call up what's on it,but how do I transfer that to my newer Kindle

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's really old I've had it since 2014, basic, screen not lit. Do you get the idea. I really don't remember if it was a gift or a purchase on my part.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's been going on for awhile, as for troubleshooting, I didn't know there was any available.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything at the moment, so connect away.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The old Kindle's e-books don't need to be transfered, strictly speaking. Register the new Kindle with the same Amazon account the old Kindle used and was registered to, and you should be able to re-download those same books just fine and without additional charges by Amazon, because they are already bought and in that Amazon account.

As for other content on the old Kindle... do you need to get Notes, Bookmarks, Pictures, etc. off the old Kindle? if so, there is a way to do so... tell me in Reply whether you need instructions for that process, and I will help you further.