E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Suddenly it won't turn on. Going to lose many dollars worth…

Customer Question
Suddenly it won't turn...

Suddenly it won't turn on. Going to lose many dollars worth of books I guess. I've tried unplugging and plugging it, changing AC outlets, everything I can think of. It's about 4 years old and had about a 75% charge when I last shut it down.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

It's not my TV, it's my Kindle ereader

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Did you read my first message?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Before we get started, I wanted you to know that you will not lose any of your books even if you have to replace the Kindle because they are stored on the Amazon server.

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.