E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My background lighting is darker suddenly darker making it…

Customer Question
My background lighting...

My background lighting is darker suddenly darker making it difficult to view anything.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's about 7 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Don't know what to do

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't know how to troubleshoot

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts

If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Found out yesterday, the 17th that I accidentally darkened the screen and fixed the problem myself. I am trying to get a phone number to see if I can get a refund on a service I haven't used.

Sure, you can call our customer service at 1-***-***-****

I don't want service from anyone. I have paid for a service I found I don't need. Do not want to talk to a tech.

Thank you Josh. Just trying to cancel original request I paid for. I have the number you sent me.

Great! Please call when you have a minute