E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle willnot turn on .it shows a battery and the

Customer Question
My kindle willnot turn...

My kindle willnot turn on .it shows a battery and the charging cable but despite being connected it doesnot operate

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Amazon kindle cant see model no

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Only just today , have pressed on off button and all other controls

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 11 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

My name is Randy,
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, continue holding down for the full 40 seconds even if it powers off, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own.If the screen is still unresponsive, plug in your device using the USB cord or power adapter that came with it. Then try charging the Kindle tablet with a wall outlet power adapter. Let the device charge for 30 minutes, unplug it, and then try to restart again.