E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I need my password, Model NO.: DP75SDI, Kindle Tablet

Customer Question
I need my password ...

I need my password

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Model NO.: DP75SDI

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Kindle Tablet inactive for 6-7 months, recharged battery, everything looks good but I do not remember my password

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I would like to help, and I have advice to help with this password ***** for sure, but first, please Reply, letting me know this much about the problem: Is the password ***** for your device itself, the Kindle device is not accessible without the password? or is it an Amazon account password ***** you are being asked for?

For the device itself

OK. This solution will erase the device, but also erase the device password... it will take some work, downloading your e-books (at no charge - they are bought already, and are paid for already) from your Amazon account again after this solution is done, and you will have to Register and sign in, to your Amazon.com account, even once access has been regained, and of course you'll have to sign in to WiFi before doing that too.

If that is OK with you, then hold down the Power switch or button on the Kindle for 20+ seconds, until it starts to restart, then you let go of the Power switch or button.

Then wait several minutes ... the device will work at erasing back to factory-issue condition, then prompt you after restarting, for basic setup info such as Language, and perhaps Date and Time.

After entering which basics, tap on the antenna icon.

Choose your local WiFi.

Enter your WiFi password ***** prompted. You should then be connected to WiFi and internet.

Then, go to

Settings - My Account

or

Settings - Register

and Register your Kindle again, to your already-existing Amazon.com account, entering the Amazon account's username/email, and then the password ***** that Amazon.com account.

Then you should be registered, and should have the e-books from your Amazon account once more (downloadable onto) your Kindle, after a delay sufficient for them to download.

Let me know if that helps with the problem.... and if there is any doubt at any point, let me know and I will help you further.

None of that worked, the tablet did not reboot, but rather just asked for the passcode again.

I'm sorry to hear that! Did you hold down the Power button or switch for at least 20 seconds? that's vital to getting the reset process to work.

Also if you tried holding down the Power button or switch, while it was On, try turning it Off, waiting a half minute or longer, then with it Off, try holding down the 20 seconds or longer continuously on the Power button, please.

If you continue to have problems, I advise you to also call on Amazon Customer Support to get the password ***** resolved. They may be called at 1(###) ###-####

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond and I will help you further.)