Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

After I open my Kindle, and swipe to unlock, I then get a

After I open my Kindle, and swipe to unlock, I then get a blank screen, and I'm frozen there. Please help! Thanks.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I was afraid you were going to ask that. I don't remember the make/model - but I've had it for about 4 years, I think.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just started last night. I tried re-charging but can't think of anything else to do.
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hooray! It re-booted. Thank You!

You're welcome! Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?