Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

When I try and load a new book onto my Kindle from the Shop

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Hi When I try and load a new book onto my Kindle from the Shop in Kindle Store, I receive a message that I cannot get the book because the last purchase hasn't been paid for. I have never had a problem paying with my credit card that you have details of.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Please assist
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: When I try and edit my payment details, the screen freezes and I can't do anything to re-establish contact
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just can't understand whats happening and why
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

The likely issue is that you have a card on file for your amazon account, but had been making purchases via the amazon website. If you didn't specifically associate a particular card with the kindle, or configure one to a one click setting for the kindle then you could face this issue.

There are a few easy steps to fix this though.

From your amazon account page on the computer (on amazon.com, amazon.sa, amazon.uk, etc, whichever you normally use)

First, go to Manage Payment Options:

there you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc)

From there, go to Manage Your Content and Devices:

On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,

then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.

Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases.

After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
cant find :Payment Options:
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

You have to do this on your computer, not the kindle

it is under your amazon account. Which amazon site do you use typically (amazon.com, amazon.au, amazon.uk, etc)?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.