E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

When I turn my kindle on all I get is a screen. It has been…

Customer Question
When I turn my...

When I turn my kindle on all I get is a gray screen. It has been charged so what is the matter?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Where do I find that info? Have had it for 2-3 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just started yesterday. When I turned it on there was a block in the center that was half red so I thought I should charge it. PUT IT ON THE CHARGER BUT DIDN'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

NO AND THANK YOU

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.