E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Help, please. I cannot get my husband's Kindle online. It…

Customer Question
Help, please. I...

Help, please. I cannot get my husband's Kindle online. It will not connect to our Verizon internet but all (6) of our other items are working fine.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Where would I find this info

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Several days. I tried to set the Wi-Fi as instructed under ? The box that gets checked will not stay "checked" .

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing that I can think of. He uses it only to play games(free ones).

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts

If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

Please wait for me. It is turning on.
I am still here

Does it work after the restart?

I am stuck. Power off so I will try again

Please let me know

When I held the power button down it did not come on after that
I am repowering now
The initial screen (jack) is on but I cannot put in the 4 number code to open it.
What now?
I will try the 25-30 seconds on power again. Are you there?
I hope that it reset but I cannot get past the first screen. HELP!!!!!
JOSH, are you still there?
Sorry to request a new expert but I seem to been cut off from Josh.