Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

My paper kindle froze with screen saver and I have no way of

Customer Question

my paper white kindle froze with screen saver and I have no way of accessing restart, or anything I charged it for 12 hours and nothing, the orange light goes on when hooked up to computer but nothing else
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I am not sure nor do I know how to find out probably about 3 years? I don't know if you can look up in amazon under purchases its name is Arlene's kindle 5
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: for 2 days have tried holding button in for 60 seconds, connected and not connected, have left it attached to power source and have now attached it to computer fact that orange light goes on is only sign of life
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of, I am leaving for a long trip in 10 days and ordered another one but for some reason it will not arrive before I leave
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have done all that and I don't remember when I purchase kindle about 3 years ago I think
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I don't want to spend anymore money its cheaper to buy a new one which I already ordered
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think I get more help from google
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.