E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle Touch won't turn off, 4th Generation D001200, Been…

Customer Question
My Kindle Touch won't...

My Kindle Touch won't turn off

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

4th Generation D001200

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Been going on for about 24 hours. When I charge it with Charger that plugs into wall socket it is completely frozen-I I tried to restart/resetand it wouldn't do anything. I plugged into USB port on computer and I was able to get menu, list of books and did restart it. Even after restart I cannot turn it off. I have not tried reset afterplugged into USB port

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, up until this issue, I only had one other frozen screen about 2-3 years ago. Was able to soft reset and it corrected problem.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

I've tried that several times. It doesn't do anything