E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Fire HD has been freezing the last couple of days. What…

Customer Question
My Fire HD has...

My Fire HD has been freezing the last couple of days. What can I to solve the problem?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle Fire HDX10 inch

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have an HD 10 refurbished

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I have been having ongoing issue with the tablet. It started freezing two days ago.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).