Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

My screen is not operating. I tried to turn off, but nothing

My screen is not operating. I tried to turn off, but nothing is happening. Help--I am so unhappy without my Kindle!!
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I have no idea about make/model as I do not see any indicators inside our out. My Kindle gets a workout! Guess it is at least 5+ years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Off and on for a bit. Only thing I know to do is try and turn off and on again--but as I said, nothing happens
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My cell was incorrect(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It works, thank you very much!!

your most welcome!

It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am pleased with service--thank you

You are welcome

You need to though rate my service please via one of the stars at the top then submit

Thank you