Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

How can I decide which kindle I have so I can download

Customer Question

How can I decide which kindle I have so I can download latest version please
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Model no.DO1200. Amazon. unsure maybe 3yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 1 - 2 years.
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I forgot to download in 2016. Realised problem when I went to download new books on Amazon
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 month ago.

You will need to update the Kindle using a computer. To find the Kindle Version follow these steps please.

From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings. From Settings, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Device Info.

1. From your computer, go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/help/id=200529700<<<click on blue link<<<and download the applicable software update file.
  2. Transfer the software update file to your Kindle device:
    1. Turn your Kindle Keyboard on and connect it to your computer using the USB cable.
    2. Drag and drop the new update file from your computer onto the Kindle drive.
  3. Note: Do not drop the file into one of the folders within the Kindle drive.

4. Monitor file transfer and disconnect:
    1. After the file has transferred successfully, eject the Kindle to safely disconnect your Kindle from your computer.
    2. Disconnect the USB cable from your Kindle and your computer.
  5. Start the software update:
    1. From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings.
    2. Press the Menu button, and then select Update Your Kindle. This option will be grayed out if the most recent update has already been installed or if the file transfer was not successful.
    3. Select OK to perform the update. Your Kindle will restart twice during the update. After the first update, you will see Your Kindle is updating.
    4. Let me know if you have any problems.
    5. I can also do this for you with a secure remote screen session if you want, just let me know please.

Did that work for you?