Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

All of a sudden, I cannot connect my Kindle to wifi to order

Customer Question

All of a sudden, I cannot connect my Kindle to wifi to order new books. I went to best buy today for their help. I think I need to have my information reset.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle paperwhite
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I finished my last book yesterday and went to order a new book and could not get online
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is my second Kindle and I am lost without my reading. Need getting reestablished. It may need updating
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
When you try to connect the Kindle you are asking about, to WiFi, what happens? does it just refuse to connect, after trying? or does it give an error message?

There is a way to reset the Kindle, with some cautions, such as, that your information on the Kindle will be erased (but, the e-books loaded on it, can be re-loaded from your Amazon account afterward, at no further expense.) Are you willing to do this procedure? if so, let me know, by Reply To Expert, and I will provide instructions.