E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

How do I transfer my books from my current nook to my laptop…

Customer Question
How do I transfer...

How do I transfer my books from my current nook to my laptop so I can reload the books I have purchased to a new nook?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I can't tell because the nook is in a two piece plastic cover. Can I look it up on the screen?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

My model is BNTV250. How do I copy books to my loptop so I can back the books for re-install to a new nook?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 11 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll try my best to assist you today.

Can you please let me know which Nook Device are you currently using? I have shared a document so that you can easily understand the issue you are facing?

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00046986/

Thanks,

Kumar

My model is BNTV250
Do you have all the information so you can answer my question?
regards,
Russ Hammer
If I do not get a response and an answer to my question, I want my $31 back.

I apologize for the delay. Did you have a look at the document link that I shared?

Thanks,

Kumar

Okay. I want to avoid any delays so let me share a few details. I see you are using a Barnes and Noble Nook device. If you use a PC, you can always download Nook for PC. Link has been provided below. Its a Windows App.

Organizing Barnes and Noble shelves is very time taking. Furthermore, its very unstable and BN does not offer any way whatsoever to save/backup the shelves. Once you do a factory reset, all the data will be gone.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/nook-books-magazines-newspapers-comics/9wzdncrfj33h?rtc=1

If you use iMac, please find below the link.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id373582546?mt=8

You can also use Calibre. It's a very easy app for eBook Management and backup. Link provided below.

https://calibre-ebook.com/

Please note, depending upon the file size/backup size, the backup time will take time. Should take ~2Hours for 1000 Files.

Please do get back to me for any other details.

Thanks,

Kumar

What a total waste of time and money. I will dispute the charge with my credit card company. This did not work and was not an informative method of downloading the files from the Nook to my desktop computer.
Frustrating and not a fun time.
Regards,
Russ Hammer

Hello Russ,

I apologize. We shared the above details considering Barnes and Noble Nook shelves being in the cloud. Please follow the below steps to copy data from Nook to PC.

This could be a little slow depending upon the size of data.

1. Turn on your Windows or Mac.

2. Turn on your NOOK Tablet.

3. Connect the small end of the USB cable that came with your NOOK to the Tablet.

4. Connect the larger end of the USB cable to a USB port on your personal computer.

After some time, your computer should say it has detected a new disk drive. Depending on your computer, the drive may show up as MyNOOK, or it may just be an extra drive. There will be a second entry for the microSD/SDHC memory slot. If your computer has one internal hard drive plus a CD/DVD drive, the NOOK may show up as Removable Disk E: and Removable Drive F:.

Some Windows computers may ask if you want to install a driver for a NOOK device. Click Cancel to close this dialog box.

5. On your computer, click the NOOK drive to open it.

6. Click My Files to open that subfolder.

7. Drag and drop files from the computer to the right subfolder.

Please write in the box below for other details.

Thanks,

Kumar