Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

Setting up new glow light. Have old glow light still active

Customer Question

Setting up new glow light. Have old glow light still active on wifi. Setting up wifi on new nook says "authentication problem". I checked my wifi password ***** times
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan and I'd be happy to help.

How many devices do you have connected to your WiFi? Who is your internet service provider?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
An iPad and macbook
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My provider is Imon communications. My old glowlight has imonmail.ccom. but that is not an active mail account. Does that make a difference?
Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 month ago.

The email address wouldn't matter if we're just trying to get the new device on the network. Have you already rebooted your WiFi router and modem? If not, let's try that now. Disconnect power and let them sit for 30 seconds. Then reconnect just the power cord to the modem, and wait a couple minutes for it to initialize. Now do the same for the router. Note, you might have a 2-in-1 modem/router combo. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Reconnected modem. No change. I don't know what a router is. Side note, when I turned my WiFi on on phone, it too gave me a authentication problem but soon connected
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I decided to reboot my new glowlight.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am starting over to again re-enter the WiFi password. Will let you know
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Won't let me redo password
Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 month ago.

This definitely doesn't sound like a Glowlight problem. Have you contacted ImOn about their service? It sounds like it may be an intermittent signal coming to your home. Reading over some customer reviews of their services, I don't think you're alone.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok
Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 month ago.

They will be able to send a manual reboot signal, similar to what we tried to do by unplugging the modem. They should also be able to look at signal strength and diagnose the authentication problem you're seeing with WiFi. The good news, I think, is that I don't think your new device is malfunctioning.

Let me know how it goes, and don't forget to rate the service you've received. I hope it has been excellent thus far.