E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Second opinion] My kobo touch won't charge or turn on. It's…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My kobo touch...
Second opinion] My kobo touch won't charge or turn on. It's been plugged in for 3 days already. Haven't used it in a few months.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 9 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kobo and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kobo.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Hi. This did nothing for me. ☹️

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Nook to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you