Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

I have ordered books for my Kindle, but they are not being

Customer Question

I have ordered books for my Kindle, but they are not being delivered to the Kindle. ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Books I have ordered from Amazon for Kindle are not showing on m Kindle device.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle Model No.000901 A few years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just in the last couple of weeks. I tried to re-start my Kindle, but that didn't work
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

This could be caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle books will sync to the device. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release. Then sign in with the same Amazon account that you used to purchase the books. Then wait a couple minutes to see if they are delivered.

If not , check to be sure the kindle is registered properly to the same email address and password ***** you used to sign in to the Amazon account when they were purchased.

To view your Amazon account from your computer and check to see if the kindle is listed:

1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices at Amazon.com ManageYourContent and Devices.

Then check the registration on the kindle>

From the kindle> Follow these steps please> From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings. Tap on the amazon account listed there then select deregister, then from the Settings menu select register and enter the current Amazon account info.

Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I receive a message that I need to sign into xfinity to get online but I'm unable to get to the screen to do that. I can highlight "I have an xfinity account but then it won't go any further.

Tap the name of your home wifi network. On the next screen , select Forget

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It just goes to saying I have to sign in
Okay, follow these steps next please.
Launch your Web browser on the kindle and you will be taken to the XFINITY WiFi login page.Enter your XFINITY email or username and password
Enter a friendly name for the device that you are signing in with ( e.g. my Kindle)
Click Sign In
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I launch the web browser?

press the Menu button on the home screen, select Experimental, and select Launch Browser.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm back to the "I have an xfinity account highlighted but it won't go any further or let me enter anything.
Did you enter your Xfinity email address?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't. I'm unable to enter anything.
Place the cursor arrow in the username box using the 5way controller.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have 2 choices: I have an xfinity account or I don't have an xfinity account. I highlight the box stating I have an xfinity account but that's all I can do. If I press the middle button on the kindle like saying ok nothing happens. So I am unable to enter my email address.

does it have another xfinity wifi name that you can select? xfinity guest, etc...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it doesn't

okay, try and add the network manually.

1. From the Home screen, press the Menu button.
  2. Select Settings, and then select view next to Wi-Fi Settings.
  3. In the list of detected networks scroll to the bottom of the page and choose enter other wifi network.
  4. enter the xfinitywifi info.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I received a message saying the security type I entered does not match the security type of the wi fi network I am trying to connect to. I had entered xfinity wifi as the name.

okay, the problem seems to be with the kindle experimental browser not giving the option to sign in with the xfinity email username and password.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Right. So we have come full circle. That is the problem I stated at the beginning and I'm no closer to a solution. :(

have you contacted xfinity to see if there is another way to connect through their modem?