Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a kindle paperwhite that will not unlock. I have

Customer Question

I have a kindle paperwhite that will not unlock. I have recharged it and then left it unplugged overnight. Can you help?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Is is just about a year old and of course Ido not have the paperwork' I purchased it on line from Amazon.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just started last night.
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps please.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Were you able to try those steps? Did the Kindle respond?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?