E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle paperwhite that will not unlock. I have

Customer Question
I have a kindle...

I have a kindle paperwhite that will not unlock. I have recharged it and then left it unplugged overnight. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Is is just about a year old and of course Ido not have the paperwork' I purchased it on line from Amazon.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just started last night.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps please.

Were you able to try those steps? Did the Kindle respond?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?