E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I get an application error when I try to access the store, I…

Customer Question
I get an application...

I get an application error when I try to access the store

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I bought it almost 2 years ago. its a kindle paperwhite

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

A couple weeks. this is my first effort at support. I hoped it would correct itself.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/10/2017
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 8 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. This may be a temporary glitch with the Amazon store interface. it has happened in the past. As a workaround, I recommend that you use a computer to go to www.amazon.com and purchase your book. After purchase is complete, please sync your Kindle and it should appear on your device. If it does not, please go to www.amazon.com/myk. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose deliver to OTHER as the action. Select your device from the Device list. If you have more than one Kindle, make sure that you choose the Kindle that you are actively using. Don't select the Kindle Cloud reader unless you have downloaded the Kindle Cloud Reader APP to a computer or device other than your Kindle and wish to read it there.

Please give this a try and let me know the results.

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech