E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My new Kindle is somehow in Spanish. I haven't set it up or…

Customer Question
My new Kindle is...

My new Kindle is somehow in Spanish. I haven't set it up or registered it yet so haven't got a Home Screen to change the language or a Device management account. I'm stuck at the beginning!

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Paperwhite. Brand new.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just bought it. Looks like it's been imported to Australia from Brazil.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I'd also like to know how to turn it off and on again as this may fix the problem

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

1. Tap menu (three dots in a stack on the upper right of the screen
2. Tap the 8th Option (Settings)
3. Tap the 6th Option (Language and Dictionaries)
4. Tap the first Option (Language)
5. Tap third Option (English US)

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.