E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am a member of Amazon Prime for several years. I would…

Customer Question
I am a member...

I am a member of Amazon Prime for several years. I would like to watch movies from Amazon on my TV, not my computer. How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Sony TV. It is only 2 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am technically challenged and do not know how to do this.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I would like to watch THE LAST TYCOON, produced by Amazon, but cannot do it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/9/2017
Electronics Technician: Eric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Eric, Technician

Good evening! Give me just a moment and I will type out your answer for you :)

In order to watch Amazon Prime Video on your TV, you need to do it with one of the devices listed below, connected to the TV. I will list them in order of ease of use and lowest price first. Please take two seconds to rate my service before you leave today at the top of this page. Remember it is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, or you have follow up questions, please let me know before rating :)

Bookmark this link to ask me questions directly in the future: http://bit.ly/AnswersByEric

1. The easiest to use for someone in your situation, is to get an Amazon Fire Stick from Amazon directly. They plug into an HDMI port on your TV, and not only allow you to watch Amazon Prime Video, but also Netflix, HBO, etc. As well as tons of other apps, all on your TV. You can get one here for $34 from Amazon.
  2. You can use an Xbox, or a Play Station. These are the more expensive options, hundreds of dollars each.
  3. Lastly, you can purchase a Smart TV that connects to Amazon Prime Video.