Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

My kindle talks to me and I cannot navigate. Also must dbl

Customer Question

my kindle talks to me and I cannot navigate. Also must dbl tap and that is unaccepable
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Bought last year. Not sure what make and model because I cannot access anything. It talks and directs me to all sort of apps. swiping does not work.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just today
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: want to return to what it was before. I have another kindle fire connected to this one. The one I have trouble with is Mary's kindle fire 2
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

We can approach this problem two different ways, I think. One way would work, *if* you can go to Home screen, then select Settings.

The other way... would involve erasing the Kindle of everything that's on it already (though some could be re-downloaded at no charge, afterward.) It would take some time.

Let me know if you'd like to pursue the first course, or the second. I will advise you further as needed.